Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 18/Skip day

So today had high potential of being one of the most fun days on the trip...until the rain from last night and this morning shattered our plan. We (about 20+ of us) had originally planned to use 1 of our 2 "sick" days and skip school to go see a church/castle on a mountain overlooking Barcelona and then take a train to Sitges, which is a nearby beach town that is supposed to be gorgeous. But, the weather changed our plans so we decided to regroup and change plans. We tried not to have a bad attitude about our cancelled original epic day, but it was tough because the weather didn't clear up for a while. Everybody was hungry, so we met up at a brunch restaurant near the beach called "MILK", which was pretty good (though no Causeway Cafe), and it's always good to get a taste of American food, especially brunch. After this, the sun began to come out a little bit, so we decided to do some touristy stuff before heading back to the apartment. The girls went to the aquarium while the guys went to the Maritime museum (which some of it was under construction). There was an exhibit about South America with a lot of really cool and eye-opening pictures about situations in the different countries. When we left here, we went back to meet up with the girls but they were still in the aquarium, so we sat down at an outside restaurant to wait for them. We ended up being here longer than we expected, but it was cool because the girls eventually came and sat down with us. We ate and drank for about an hour (I am hooked on patatas bravas now) and then eventually headed back to the apartment where we chilled for the rest of the day, playing games and joking around, and most importantly, procrastinating from writing out paper due next week. It ended up being a good day, especially under the circumstance of changed plans. A lot of people have begun to get sick, so I am making sure that I do everything I can to stay healthy (which is hard on little sleep and not nutrition-packed meals). I have a little bit of a sore throat today and I am exhausted, so I am going to go to bed. Especially because we won't be sleeping much this weekend.  --> We are leaving for Madrid tomorrow (so excited!) and coming back on Sunday night, and then I have to write 2 papers!
 MILK brunch
 breakfast burer
blueberry pancakes
 some of the other skippers
 Spanish ranchera omelette
 random statue in one of the harbors
 picture in the Maritime museum
 picture in the Maritime museum
 picture in the Maritime museum
 no idea what this boat is used for, but it's a Catamaran
 gelato cup art
 Barcelona aquarium
 patatas bravas, YUM
Gaudí house at night

No comments:

Post a Comment