I woke up at about 11:15am today, which was a little later than my 10:30am goal. Oh well, sleep is good and when you go to bed at 5am (which is a little early in this city), you try to grab all the extra hours you can get. All of the museums in city were free today, so we tried to utilize that, but so did all of the other tourists in Barcelona. We tried to go to 2 museums today, the Picasso museum and Parc Guell. We hopped on a metro and accidentally headed way farther than we needed to, and almost after 30 minutes on the metro we got off at the last stop on the route, which took us to the outskirts of Barcelona. Whoops! After we realize we were completely lost, we asked for directions and went back down to the metro. At this point, we were all a little loopy and hungry, so we goofed around in the metro station and continued once we got back on the subway. We finally got to sit down on this metro though because it was the very first stop, so we were able to continue our silly antics for another 20 minutes back on the metro. And let me tell you, today I laughed the hardest that I can remember in a long time. We just kept talking about how we didn't blend in at all and repeated the silly quotes that always seem to crack each other up. Also, a man playing an accordian provided us with a little extra entertainment. Finally, we got off at the right station and decided to shop a little bit to take advantage of the sale season. I still can't find any jeans though, these K00Ks wear jeans with buttons instead of zippers, it's so weird! And I can't handle the skinny jeans...not yet at least. After we left H&M, we walked to the museum which was probably a mile away. But it was located in a neighborhood with lots of shops and eateries and very narrow streets. It was very beautiful and had an almost Italy-like atmosphere. We ate at a restaurant that served tapas and more that was nearby. We sat at a bar right in front of the tapas so it was hard to resist ordering them, but I was able to. I ordered a spanish omelette and they served it on a sub roll. It was quite good! And luckily for me, one of my roommates only ate half of hers so I got to finish that. Boo yeaaaa!!! The line to the Picasso museum was very long, but we decided to wait it out anyways because it was moving quickly. To pass the time, we played the game categories and the game "Picnic Pete". This definitely helped make the time go even quicker, and we even met some Americans who were standing behind us. I guess being really loud and laughing hysterically makes it easier for us Americans to find each other in this foreign land. The "Picnic Pete" game was very frustrating because I had never played it before so you can imagine I was getting pretty animated. But after I figured out how to play, I enjoyed it. However, the criticism and mocking from my roommates was a little rough, but I dealt with it. Unfortunately while walking around, I saw a few Wahoo (UVa) shirts today, so I made sure to give them a hard time. It was a little cloudier today than we expected (it is "supposed" to rain tomorrow) so we did not make it up to Parc Guell. They say the best time to go is at sunset, but at this point, I just want to go! So hopefully after midterms on Thursday I will be able to either check out the inside of Sagrada Familia or head up to Parc Guell. Some way, some how, I will get there before I leave.

neat art in the metro
accordian player in the metro
don't know
a market near the beach
some graffiti
outside the Picasso museum
tapas!
Spanish omelette on a sub
No comments:
Post a Comment