Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 24/Estrella Damm beer factory field trip

Today, we finally went on a field trip in our International Business class. We went to the old Estrella Damm beer factory, which was pretty close to Sagrada Familia, where we got to see the history of the company and even sample a few beers after the tour. The factory wasn't big, but had a couple cool exhibits and some funny commercials. Apparently it is nothing like our first choice of the Casa Bacardi in Sitges, but that is far away and only open Friday-Sunday, so this had to do. I am not complaining though because it got us out of class! It was a good way to spend our last class together before the final exam, and cool to hang out with our professor outside of the classroom, although it was technically still a school event...until 6pm! We didn't leave until 6:30ish, so we spent a good hour and a half there just mingling and observing the scenery. I really like both of my professors and they really seemed to warm up to us as the month went on. My business teacher looks like a spanish Adam Sandler, so everyone calls him Happy (Gilmore) when referring to him, but not to his face. So, needless to say, we have a lot of fun as a class. Everybody slowly left group by group after the tour and went their own ways, only to regroup later that night. I passed up the opportunity to go inside of Sagrada Familia with a friend because I was planning on going the next day, but my plans changed so I never got to go inside which was a bummer. But it just gives me more reason to go back! That night, we went to Club Opium again to see Steve Angello (one of the three members of Swedish House Mafia) so that was fun, besides the high cover fee. Although he was good, I liked Tiesto much better. Tonight was my last chance to see the sun rise in Barcelona, so I luckily I found one of my friend's who was down for the same. Come 5:30am though, it was beyond tough to stay awake, but we managed to do it. When the club closed, we walked down the beach a little bit onto a jetty-type structure and chilled for a little while we waited on the sun to rise. After about 30 minutes, sure enough it did and it was beautiful! I had been wanting to do this since I got here so i'm glad that I didn't have to do it alone, because that is usually when people get mugged! And it just so happened that we had finals that same morning so going to bed at 8am and waking up at 10:30 wasn't exactly the best idea, but luckily for me I was taking my classes pass/fail!
former Estrella Damm beer factory
 former Estrella Damm beer factory
 former Estrella Damm beer factory
 orange tree outside of the factory
 chandelier made out of beer bottles!
 Estrella Damm beers on tap
 company logo
 some classmates and I...and the professor! After the business day had ended, of course
 Steve Angello of Swedish House Mafia
the beach before the sun came up
 slowly rising...
 The W hotel in the background
 it's getting higher

No comments:

Post a Comment